Self-esteem is an important part of our mental health. It helps us make decisions and cope with the challenges we face. When our self-esteem is strong, we can make better choices and decisions. With strong self-esteem, we can take risks without fear of failure or embarrassment—we know that if something doesn't work out as planned, it's not because there was anything wrong with us; it's just because sometimes things don't work out as planned!
There are six pillars of self-esteem that can help you build your confidence:
• Self-acceptance—you accept yourself as you are, flaws and all. Not only do you accept yourself, but you also embrace your flaws.
• Self-awareness—you know what you're good at, your strengths, and where your weaknesses lie. You don't beat yourself up for being bad at something; instead, you look at the situation and try to improve from there.
• Self-compassion—you treat yourself as well as you would a good friend or family member who needs encouragement in their life. You don't criticise yourself for being imperfect; instead, you try to be kinder to yourself when things go wrong or don't go according to plan.
• Self-confidence—you have faith in yourself and your abilities to do whatever needs to be done (whether something big like starting a business or something small like making an appointment). You follow through on your decisions and make sure you are accountable for what you say.
• Self-motivation--is the belief that you can do anything if only you put in the effort. You may not be able to control every aspect of your life, but if there's something you want badly enough then it will happen—it just takes some hard work!
• Self-expression--is about showing who you really are through what you say and do every day. When someone else sees who YOU are, they'll see how awesome YOU are—not just another person who happens to be around them at any given time!
My name is Annica Johansson and I am an Art Life Coach, Certified Sound Healer and Artist. I am writing about personal development, daily musings, spirituality and depicting mother nature's amazing beauty. Welcome!